cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Works password recovery

simpsoro2
Level 1
Level 1

I need to reset the admin password for Cisco Works. I've followed the online documentation and the different methods posted do not seem to work.

The first method I saw was to edit the cwpass file located at C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\lib\classpath\com\cisco\nm\cmf\servlet\cwpass and change the admin password back to the default.

You have to stop the Daemon, change the password back to defualt admin:0DPiKuNIrrVmD8IUCuw1hQxNqZc=::::F::  then restart the daemon.

After doing that I go to the url to access cisco works http://servername:1741/login.html where "servername" is the name of the server.

The new logon does not work.

I then found another doc that said to use the resetpasswd.exe file to reset the admin password. So. I stop the daemon, run the resetpasswd by issuing the command "resetpasswd admin". It prompts you to enter the new password twice. Then restart the daemon. I've checked the cwpass file and verified that the hash for the admin password changes when I reset it. But, I still can not logon.

Is there something else that needs to be restarted?

1 Reply 1

Joel Monge
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are probably still using external authentication.  Try reverting to local mode first:

1. Stop daemons.

2. Go to NMSROOT\CSCOpx\bin\ in DOS.

3. Issue: perl ResetLoginModule.pl.

4. Restart daemons.

If you still cannot login, the original password file is located under NMSROOT\lib\classpath\com\cisco\nm\cmf\servlet\orig\.  Try copying this one to the active file location: NMSROOT\lib\classpath\com\cisco\nm\cmf\servlet and then restarting daemons.