cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ciscoUnifiedComputingMIB

HEATH FREEL
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to get the PSU status and getting odd responses. Is there a table that list what the responses mean to a specific query. 

I have a number of C series servers. I use SNMP to index the PSU and tell me the status. 

Server 1.

PSU Index = 1

PSU Index = 2

PSU1 status = 1

PSU2 status = 5

CIMC tells me that PSU2 has "input lost". That makes me assume that 5 = down or no power.

Server 2.

PSU Index = 1

PSU Index = 2

PSU1 status = 5

PSU2 status = 5

CIMC tells me that both are Present/ Normal... This tells me that 5 does not mean down....

Any help would be appreciated as I am unable to find any documentation on that the responses actually mean.

3 Replies 3

Allen A
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I normally use the SNMP object navigator, however it doesn't seem to be returning any info about the OIDs for this MIB.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseOID.do?local=en&translate=Translate&objectInput=1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.719

What OIDs are you using?

-Allen

I am using the following to get the PSU Identifier

cucsEquipmentPsuId - 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.719.1.15.56.1.5

Then the following to grab the operational state.

cucsEquipmentPsuOperState - 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.719.1.15.56.1.7

I believe the issue may be that the state does not represent power present, but rather that it is a working power supply, whether it is receiving power or not. 

Maybe a bit late but could be worth looking at Bug CSCun73331 : "EP: SNMP PSU Table values are not consistent after AC Power cycle"

I was having a similar issue and the workaround did it for me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: