cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks 2.6 and Nexus 7000 issues

tadams7541
Level 1
Level 1

Running LMS 2.6 with RME version 4.0.6, and DFM 2.0.13.

We keep getting false alerts in DFM on the temperature in our Nexus 7000 switches. The alert says that the high temp threshold is 45C, and it's being exceeded at 46C. The thing that bothers me is that the actual switch reads that the threshold is around 100C or more. Any ideas as to why DFM would be picking up a temperature so far off the mark?

Also, in regards to RME, I cannot pull configs from the Nexus 7000's. The check box in "archive config" is blanked out to where I can't check it. I download the device packages for the 7000 into RME but it will not pull configs. Is this not supported under our version of RME, or would there be some other reason that I can't do this?

Thanks for any assistance with these issues!

1 Reply 1

tadams7541
Level 1
Level 1

UPDATE:

I fixed the RMA config pull issue. I thought I had previously downloaded the Nexus device packages so that RMA could work with them, but upon checking again, it looks like I just didn't have them installed. Got that piece fixed and now I can pull configs from the switches just fine.

Still having problems with the temperature reading in DFM not accurately reflecting what is actually on the switches. Any suggestions as to where to start hunting down the issue for this are greatly appreciated. Thanks!