cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ciscoworks 3.2 api

SpongeRob
Level 1
Level 1

Hi - runnning LMS 3.2 we would like to provide access to redseal software app and users.  Not having done this before, what is the best methodology ? is there a specific document also ?         

Thanks in advance -        

3 Replies 3

ngoldwat
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

I guess that depends on what you are trying to achieve.  There are many different API's within LMS.

Using CM as an example :

• Data Extraction Engine (DEE) is a utility that provides servlet access to User Tracking, Layer 2 topology, and discrepancy data. (Allows you to use Campus Manager discrepancy APIs to retrieve latest discrepancy data from Campus Manager server).

The following are the schemas used for exporting the user tracking data in XML format:

• Schema for User Tracking Data
    • User Tracking Schema for Switch Data
    • User Tracking Schema for Phone Data
    • User Tracking Schema for Subnet Data
    • Schema for Topology Data
    • Schema for Discrepancy Data
    • Using Servlet to Export Data from Campus Manager

RME 4.2:

The Baseline template uses java.util.regex engine for regular expressions. For more information, see the regex API guide for Java 1.4.2 from Sun: http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/util/regex/Pattern.html

As well as configuration archive APIs among others.

This is a quick and certainly incomplete look at just 2 modules.  You best bet would be to engage you account team.

But not knowing your final objectives then the below links may prove helpful to you.

Here is the link to Open Database Schema Support in CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution 3.2

And you may be simply looking for SDK Developers Guide for CiscoWorks Common Services 3.2 Northbound API 1.1

Thanks Ngoldwat - I dig into the doc you mention. If I have questions following that investigation may I continue in this thread ?

Sure.