cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks 4.0 Upgradation required. Need your Suggestion and Experience.

chaprain1
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Friends,

im working On CiscoWorks 4.0  since last Fours years with 100 Licences,

Now my organization wants up gradation in this regards i want your suggestion required , comparison sheet required which i convenience my management. like features, monitoring features, end of sale like, current requirements etc)

Now SWITCHES are increase 100 to 200 , almost 200 Wifi Device and IP 300 IP PHONE are placed.

Need integration required For IP phone and WIFI device 

Centralized TACAC system

Support NEXES Switches

Hardware and Software Base solution required.

upgraded Consol features.

currently which version is available.?

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ciscoworks LMS 4.0 can be upgraded in place to Cisco Prime LMS 4.2.5 - the last release of LMS. It came out in July 2014.

If you have an active service contract you are entitled to download the necessary software and upgrade. The release notes describe the prerequisites and link to the upgrade guides: 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/cloud-systems-management/prime-lan-management-solution/products-release-notes-list.html

LMS is not quite end of life but all new development going forward in in Prime Infrastructure (PI). You can buy an "upgrade" license to migrate to PI but it's really a whole new product.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/cloud-systems-management/prime-infrastructure/index.html

Neither LMS nor PI do much of anything with IP phones. Those are managed via your Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM - also known as CallManager) or, for large deployments optionally with the addition of Cisco Prime Collaboration. That would typically be used in large to very large deployments (i.e., thousands of phone and UC endpoints). 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: