cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks and SSH device

santipongv
Level 1
Level 1

I want to manage SSH device in CiscoWorks. This device is configured with SSH access only (Telnet is not allowed). Is it possible? If so, what are the procedures? Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Santi

6 Replies 6

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

In that case, in RME Config Management->General Setup->Transport Setup, change the protocol to make SSH at the top and others in the order accordingly. Same for the Config job Setup->Transport and make SSH at the top of the list for both Config Fetch and Download. See User Guide for more details

Hi Rizwan,

If I only have a few SSH devices, but the rest of the devices use Telnet as a line transport, can I still manage both device types? By moving SSH to the top of the transport list, does it apply to all managed devices or can I apply different transport for different device? Thank you.

Regards,

Santi

tsdkl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Santi,

CicsoWorks LMS 2.2 only supports SSH version 1. If your devices are configured for SSH version 2 only, you will need to modify your configuration to allow SSH version 1 as well.

I hear that LMS 2.5 will support SSH version 2 when it ships at the end of March 2005.

Regards,

Donald

Hi Donald,

Is that right? Um, I will check SSH config on the device. Thank you for the information.

Regards,

Santi

Also, ssh support was slip streamed into CiscoWorks with one of last year's Incremental Device Updates (IDUs). Make sure you have the latest IDU loaded to ensure you can use ssh. (Keeping your IDUs current is a good idea in any case.)

Marvin,

Thank you for the information.