Views
Helpful
Replies

ciscoworks CVM reporting problems

shijuvjoseph
Level 1
Level 1

hi ...

anybody can help in the following cisco voice manager issues...

ciscoworks cs 2.2,cvm2.3

how can we take reports using ms-excel by connecting it with the external datasource of cvm...

when i tried to import data to excel using odc 'cvm',it reurned 'invalid user/pwd' message...i tried with cvm admin,superadmin and causer usernames and passwords,but no results..integrated logon is not permitted..

double clicking directly on the cvm.odc icon opens an explorer page with the follwing error msg 'data source might b empty,might b lnked with an invalid link,or u may not have sufficient security permissions to access the data'..

self test report on ciscoworks2.2 cs shows 'cant open perl script "database.pl" ,cant open perl script "odbc.pl"no such file or directory

cvm works fine,traps are collecting for the defined mibs,active call status r visible..but hw to put these records into a ms-excel report??

so suggestions r welcome on these issues..

regards..

shiju shijujoe@gmail.com

2 Replies 2

bbaley
Level 3
Level 3

With regard to importing the reports to a spreadsheet like Excel from Cisco Voice Manager you could refer to the documentation included with your Telemate.net Quick View reporting package for detailed information about reporting from CVM.

hii bbaley..

thanx for ur response...

but sorry to say that telemate.net quickview is now no more shipped with voice manger...it was supplied along with cvm version 2.2,which has now reached the end of sale version..v r using cvm2.3,it does not come with telemate...now this telemate software is shipped with call manager..

so for reporting v hav to rely on excel...

and hw to integrate cvm with excel cisco gives no clue...

but there is gud news..i got connection with cvm database through excel using odbc connectivity...and able to view the collected data...but still it is a big task to make those data into a presentable format.

so i welcome all possible work around suggestions with excel..

thanx and cheers..

shiju

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: