cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks deleted devices still being reported

jason.henderson
Level 1
Level 1

I recently upgraded 4 x 5500 Cisco switches with Cisco 3750s as part of a project to upgrade old network equipment.

Although the devices have changed, the management IP addresses of these devices are still the same.

During the upgrade procedure, I deleted the old 5500 devices from Ciscoworks and added the new 3750s through Common Services. This all looks ok, and there is no further record of the 5500 switches.

However, when browsing through user tracking within Campus Manager (to track a MAC address to a relevant switch port) the old 5500 devices are still being reported, yet I cannot find any record of these since they were deleted.

The versions of Ciscoworks are as follows:

Common Services: 3.0.5

Campus Manager: 4.0.9

CiscoView: 6.1.5

Device Fault Manager: 2.0.9

Internetwork Performance Monitor: 2.6.0

Integration Utility: 1.6.0

QoS Policy Manager: 4.0.0

Resource Manager Essentials: 4.0.5

Can anyone advise?

Thanks,

Jason Henderson

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is almost certainly a known bug. There were two problems in CM 4.0.9 which caused Data Collection not to complete properly which would lead to stale or missing Campus and User Tracking data. The solution is to upgrade to CS 3.0.6 and CM 4.0.11, then reinitialize the ani database:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/campus/bin/reinitdb.pl -restore

Afterward, run a new Campus Manager Data Collection followed by a UT acquisition, and the map and UT table should look good.