cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks - Devices failing in CFG mgmt. but not visible in RME

ERIK LAWAETZ
Level 1
Level 1

In Cisco Works RME under Configuration Archival Summary (Archive Mgmt) I have a number of devices, which have failed their config collection.

My problem is, that some of these devices are present with very limited information only if I open them in Device Center. The only options presented to me are:

Management Station to Device

Ping

Telnet

Trace Route

Cisco View

Mini RMON

Essentially I'm unable to change e.g. Device Credentials or in any other way actually edit essential attributes of the device, since it's not listed when I look for it under the devices in RME@<my server>.

It's as if the device is known inside RME, yet not really there.

Any advice on where to find it?

2 Replies 2

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you able to edit the Device Credentials in Common Services for these devices? If config management is failing then we usually have a problem with snmp ro/rw

Do you get the option of a Device Credential Verification report?

No, I don't get the option of editing the Device Credentials. My initial thought too was that it was a credentials problem.

I only get those few options I have listed when I click on the device link and jump into Device Center.

I'm unable to locate the device when I search under CS@.. or RME@...

It's simply not there.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco