Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks DFM 2.0.6 support for 2924XL and 3548XL

FREDRIK SKUR
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

2924XL and 3548XL are listed with Partial support in DFM 2.0.6 release notes.

Has anyone seen any more specific documentation regarding the limitated support? Experiences from other installations?

What can DFM monitor?

From the release notes:

1. ?Partial DFM support? indicates DFM will manage the device but may not report all device attributes because (1) the device operating system does not

support one or more of the MIBs polled by DFM, and/or (2) the device MIB contains information that is not correctly populated.

2 Replies 2

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

This is due to limitations of the switches themselves. For example, the XL series switches do not (and never will) support the CISCO-ENVMON-MIB. Thus DFM will not be able to report on the temperature of the XL series switches.

DFM will be able to report on the basic SNMP information, such as link down.

frankzehrer
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Frederik,

i had similiar issue with a 3524XL and the IOS 12.0(5)WC13. I have upgraded from 12.0(5)WC11 to 12.0(5)WC13 and got this problem. I could not do a snmpwalk and or reach the device vie snmp from the LMS. I guess the snmp agent was bugg.

After downgrading to 12.0(5)WC12 everything went fine again. Actual i run 12.0(5)WC15 without any issues.

Have a look here to see what MIBs are polled.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2421/products_user_guide_chapter09186a0080702b57.html

Best regards,

Frank

Best regards,

Frank

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: