cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks for windows evaluation

mmcclughan
Level 1
Level 1

In trying to evaluate the latest version of cisco works for windows version 6.0 I keep getting the message that the evaluation time period has expired although I have only installed it. Ciscoworks opens fines and reports back that there is 45 days left to evaluate.Maybe this is not the product we need to monitor and report back on our network which is made up of 2950's on the LAN and 3750's on our MAN? Anybody any ideas?

Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

kspearce
Level 1
Level 1

No ideas unfortunately, but I would like to point out that I am getting the exact same problem.

Any help would be gratefully accepted

Cheers

I do not understand why cisco still has the option to evaluate a SW version that is EOL.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2406/ps4682/index.html

The new product is SNMS 1.5 (as I know 2.0 is coming soon). It still consists of WhatsUP Gold [WUG] (ver 8.1) from IPSwitch but has CiscoView 6.0 and RME 4.0 with a db restricted to 40 Cisco devices (for config and SW management). Monitoring is unlimited because it is the feature of WUG.

But there is no eval copy available on Ciscos Web site for SNMS 1.5.

I guess the period for WUG is out of date. Try to

download an actual eval copy of WUG from IPSwitch web site and update your version, perhaps this will solve your problem.

Martin

Thanks Martin,

I downloaded the FT premium gold evaluation from ipswitch after installing the full ciscoworks evaluation and I am now able to get whats up gold to work.

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: