Views
Helpful
Replies

ciscoworks lms 4.1 hum cpu utililzation report issue

secureIT
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All,

im running lms 4.1 and newly added 4 devices 4507 and 4510 switch with versions cat4500e-universal.SinPA.03.04.00.SG.151-2.SG.

im able to add it in cs., but when trying to generate quick report, im not getting any value in the report, it is empty.

unfortunately im getting page not available while browsing the lms 4.1 supported devices. rest of the devics are working fine and cross verified those switch snmp config with non working switches.

pls help..                  

12 Replies 12

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Is it failing Only for HUM reports or for others as well.

If it is failing for HUM only then first create a Poller  from here  [

Monitor > Performance Settings > Setup > Pollers ]  and then try to generate the report

If it failing for everyother report then try to delete and re-add the device.

Thanks-

Afroz

[Do rate the useful post]

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afroz,

It is failing for only HUM reports..

i created a poller and tried to create a job and report after 30 mins, but it was empty.

this issue is for only 3 switches. Rest of them are working fine. im trying to get the quick report of this switch for the first time.

i have deleted and added the device in common services, but stil the same problem.

then i restarted the services., still same issue..

one of the switch is 4510 switch with version cat4500e-universal.SinPA.03.04.00.SG.151-2.SG.

another same series of switch with security license cat4500e-universalk8.SinPA.03.04.00.SG.151-2.SG, is working fine.

Hi Rajesh,

Try updating the device packages and see how it works !!!

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afroz,

can u tell me if it is common services device package u r talking about ?

infact i have doubt on that also.

Hi,

Admin > System > Software Center > Device Update  and

check the check box for  Inventory Config And Image Management  and click on check for updates and if their are updates then update all the packages

Thanks

Hi Afroz,

we have tried updating the device updates but unable to get the updates,

Error logs from PSU:

[ Mon Dec 30 16:01:15 IST 2013 ] INFO   [SecurityHandler : getCSProxyLogin]  : No proxy User Name configured

[ Mon Dec 30 16:01:24 IST 2013 ] FATAL  [DevUpdate : performAdd]  : Error while trying to connect to Cisco.com. Return Code = 1

Is this the issue is from ther server side or any cisco URL issue

Kindly assit.

Thanks

Laxmi

Hi Laxmi,

As far as I know there is no issue about cisco.com connectivity..

Try to Manually update the device pakgs using CLI , use the below user guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.1/user/guide/admin/swcenter.html#wp1097282

Thanks-

Afroz

Thnx Afroj,

Laxmi is part of my team. One more query we have.

NMSROOT\bin\PSUCli.bat -p rme -i -src dir Cat6000 Cat4000

--should this be rme always ?

so the example would be

NMSROOT\bin\PSUCli.bat -p rme -i -src dir Newfolder

regards

Rajesh

Hi Rajesh,

NMSROOT\bin\PSUCli.bat -p rme -i -src dir Cat6000 Cat4000

--should this be rme always ?

No , depending on the device pacakge updates  ,it will change . It could be rme ,cmf,cvw,dfm

Thanks-

Afroz

Hi Afroz,

We have updated the device packages manually. but there is no change.

Issue  : We are trying to create an poller for the cat4510R switch. during  fetching the instances its throwing an

error[instance error - attached]

Regards

Laxmi

Hi Laxmi,

Try to delete and re-add the device one more time and if it did not work then I would suggest to open a TAC case.

TAC team can conatct the development team for further analysis .

Thanks-

Afroz

Cisco Prime Health and Utilization Monitor (HUM) is a Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)-based MIB polling application that monitors network elements (such as CPU, memory, interfaces/ports, and links) for their availability and utilization levels and provides historical reporting.

This  provides mapping of HUM tasks in Cisco Prime LMS 4.1.

It explains:

•Poller and Template Management Tasks

•Threshold and TrendWatch Tasks

•Reports Tasks

•Administration Tasks
Cisco Prime LMS Portal > Health and Utilization Monitor > Poller and Template Management > Poller Management
A Poller is a collection of devices and template MIB variables configured in LMS to monitor the utilization and availability levels of devices that are connected to the network.

You can create a Poller, modify the configuration of a Poller, delete a Poller, Activate or De-activate a Poller, clear missed cycles and so on.
Cisco Prime LMS Portal > Health and Utilization Monitor > Poller and Template Management > Template Management
Templates are a logical group of MIB variables that allow you to monitor the performance parameters of a device (such as CPU, memory, interface) for utilization and availability levels.

You can create a user-defined template, modify the configuration of a user-defined template, export and import a user-defined template, delete a user-defined template, and so on.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: