Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks LMS Backup incomplete

dedra_live
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are running LMS 3.2 on Windows Server 2003 and I am trying to do an immediate backup on an external portable USB hard drive with 500GB capacity.

The backup folder size continuously stops at 1.06GB whereas the total size of CSCOpx folder is 24.2 GB. Attached is the dbbackup.log.

Please advise if the backup has completed successfully and what should be checked to ensure the backup has gone through fine.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

dedra_live
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Joseph,

Could you please assist me on this.

Thanks.

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The backup completed successfully.  The reason the backup may be so small compared to NMSROOT is that on Windows NMSROOT contains the log files.  These are not backed up, but can grow very large.  You may want to check your log files and rotate those that are large.

Thanks.

I have done the log rotation as well; it was taking huge space.

With regards to the backup log posted earlier, it ends with

Last backup completion time :null

Last backup completion in proper format : null

getBackupStatus() - tt : null

Exception is java.lang.NullPointerException

Is this a problem. Why are the values null.

Also, on the Common Services main page it shows the following as status of previously run scheduled backup. This is even though the dbbackup.log posted earlier does not show any errors. Please advise why is it so.

Last Backup Completed atNot found or unable to detect
Recent Backup StatusNot found or unable to detect

Looks like there is a problem with your NMSROOT/lib/classpath/backupstatus.properties.  See this thread https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3010695#3010695 .  Once the backupstatus.properties is fixed, both your problems will be fixed.