cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ciscoworks LMS

damian-sanchez
Level 1
Level 1

Buenas tades, como puedo configurar los ruters y sw para que ciscoworks lms pueda hacer backup y actualizarlos sin usar una cuenta de creada con password 7. Para usuar secret . Gracias

6 Replies 6

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yo estoy tratando de responder en español a través de google traductor. Por favor, ignora los errores.

Usted pregunta no es clara. Por favor, confirma lo que usted quiere hacer con LMS o qué problema estás enfrentando. 

Credenciales utilizadas por LMS están configurados en el dispositivo, por lo que cualquier nivel de privilegio deben establecerse en el dispositivo. 

LMS irán al dispositivo como un usuario normal, hacer telnet / ssh y completar el trabajo de configuración. 

-Gracias

Vinod

**Anime Colaboradores. Tasa de ellos.**

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Hi thks for you answer.

The problem is. I have configurated user  Ciscoworks privilege 15 password 7 100A3...

I need to configurated that ciscoworks used one user with secret password.

Its necesary to change the user privilege 15 password to another form to conect ciscoworks.

How i do this?.

Thks

If you mean you have configured one username on devices which is used by ciscoworks to login and you want one more account to be used by CIscoworks, you can simply create that account and use those crendentials as secondary account.

Check the following document for more details :

Secondary Credentials

If you wish to configure this credential on all the devices using Ciscoworks, you can also do it using NetConfig.

Netconfig is one of the Configuration Management applications that provides you with easy access to the configuration files of all supported devices. It allows you to change the configuration of network devices, provided the configurations are archived. Netconfig automatically updates the archive when it changes the configuration.

For more details check :

Making and Deploying Configuration Changes Using NetConfig

-Thanks

Vinod

**Encourage Contributors. RATE Them.**

HI Vinod.

The user 7 passoword 10A ... is easy to decipher. I need to chage to use a username and password or other form secred to conect Ciscoworks That is not easy to decipher.

Thk

I don't think what you are trying to achieve is a Ciscoworks LMS related issue.

This should be under the security policies of your organisation. Any user who has an access to your network devices, the kind of username and password they are using, if are secure and acceptable, it should be the same case with Ciscoworks.

Ciscoworks also, goes to device like a normal user and presents credentials when device asks.

Secondly, when you talk about the security of credentials, you may configure LMS to only use SSH, which will have encrypted credentials inside SSL tunnel.

-Thanks

Vinod

**Encourage Contributors. RATE Them.**

Thks Vinod,

Yes in the configure LMS to only use SSH inside SSL tunnel but in the configuration of router o swith the user that use is 7 password that is easy to decript.

I need to change this.

Its posible configure the LMS to conect with user secret password?.

Or maybe with tacascs.

Thks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: