Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks RME 4.1.1 - CRIN0014 Error

AJ Schroeder
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Not sure when this started, but I noticed the following error when trying to go to the report generator in RME:

CRIN0014: Operation failed while connecting to JRM. Make sure jrm and/or CTMJrmWrapper services are running.

I went and made sure all that I downloaded and applied all patches available to Common Services and RME and this did not do anything. The server is connected to ACS and I re-joined them and re-registered all my applications. The other thing I am noticing is when I go to do practically anything in RME that involved the device selector RME shows 0 devices, but in the RME home page I see all 900+ of my devices listed as "normal".

This is a weird issue that just came out of nowhere. Has anyone seen behavior like this in the past? Not sure what I would need to post as far as log files, etc. but I can provide them as needed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

AJ Schroeder

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Pavone
Level 1
Level 1

AJ,

With this version of RME you MAY be hitting bug CSCte49301.  Based on the release note there is a workaround you can try (see below):

--Workaround

Shutdown CiscoWorks Daemon Manager with the following command from the server's command prompt:

net stop crmdmgtd

Delete the following two files:

NMSROOT\MDC\tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\lib\ctmregistry
NMSROOT\MDC\tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\lib\ctmregistry.backup

Restart CiscoWorks Daemon Manager with the following command:

net start crmdmgtd

If that does not work, then the Windows Remote Management service must be stopped, and disabled.  Then, CiscoWorks Daemon Manager must be restarted.

----

It also could be a permission issue with teh system identity user and its permission on ACS.  Ensure the system identity username is configured in ACS with full access privileges in the Ciscoworks "Shared Profile" components.

Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Robert Pavone
Level 1
Level 1

AJ,

With this version of RME you MAY be hitting bug CSCte49301.  Based on the release note there is a workaround you can try (see below):

--Workaround

Shutdown CiscoWorks Daemon Manager with the following command from the server's command prompt:

net stop crmdmgtd

Delete the following two files:

NMSROOT\MDC\tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\lib\ctmregistry
NMSROOT\MDC\tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\lib\ctmregistry.backup

Restart CiscoWorks Daemon Manager with the following command:

net start crmdmgtd

If that does not work, then the Windows Remote Management service must be stopped, and disabled.  Then, CiscoWorks Daemon Manager must be restarted.

----

It also could be a permission issue with teh system identity user and its permission on ACS.  Ensure the system identity username is configured in ACS with full access privileges in the Ciscoworks "Shared Profile" components.

Rob

Rob,

You hit the nail on the head, I stopped the services and removed the two files you described and things are working normally again. I confirmed that our server group did their yearly updates recently and the Microsoft KB that was mentioned in the Cisco bug report was installed on the system.

Thank you very much for the help and prompt response!

AJ Schroeder

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: