Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks RME - RICS001 error

Erik Molnar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello fellow forum members!

We have a problem with RME.

Inventory collection from a WS-C6513 switch is failing.

The error is,

RICS001 error - internal error

Info about the switch,

WS-C6513

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.2(17r)SX7, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

And the corresponding ICServer log,

[ Fri Sep 02  10:40:58 CEST 2011 ],ERROR,[Thread-17],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.ics.server.InvDataProcessor,455,

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.ics.invdata.containment.ContainmentAGInvData.compare(ContainmentAGInvData.java:103)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.ics.server.InvDataProcessor.processContainmentAG(InvDataProcessor.java:860)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.ics.server.InvDataProcessor.processInvData(InvDataProcessor.java:329)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.ics.core.CollectionController.run(CollectionController.java:915)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

[ Fri Sep 02  10:40:58 CEST 2011 ],ERROR,[Thread-17],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.ics.core.CollectionController,927, Exception occured in process method while processing: 172.18.194.254 null

ICSException

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.ics.server.InvDataProcessor.processInvData(InvDataProcessor.java:470)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.ics.core.CollectionController.run(CollectionController.java:915)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

CSCsm97530  >> No you are not hitting this bug,

You are hitting the below bug :

CSCsx58694    IC via EntityMib failed due to Port (Port->Container->Module->Sensors)

My recommendation is to upgarde the cisco works to LMS 3.2  and this will take care of the issue..

here is the download link for LMS 3.2:

windows:

https://cisco.mediuscorp.com/market/networkers/productView.se.work?/nxt/rcrs/proieidentity/=17651

Solaris:

https://cisco.mediuscorp.com/market/networkers/productView.se.work?/nxt/rcrs/proieidentity/=17652

Note: you do not need a new license for LMS 3.2 , your Existing License should just work fine..

Thanks

Afroj

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Kindly Enable the Debugging for Inventory and send me the log files:

If LMS 3.2:

Go to RME > Admin > System Preferences > Application Log Level Settings under Application select ICServer

If it is LMS 4.0 : Go to

Admin >debug settings > Config and Image Management Debugging settings  >>

Application Log Level Settings under Application select ICServer

Change the Logging level to DEBUG  for all the Modules > Click Apply

Then ran a new Inventory Job  and send me the IC_server.log   (Location : NMSROOT\CSCopx\Log)

In the meantime try to Increase the SNMP Timeout and RETRY ,if you have not tried this yet:

LMS 3.2:

go to RME>Admin >system prefernece >RME device attributes :

LMS 4.0 :

Admin > Collection Settings > Inventory > Inventory/Config Timeout and Retry Settings

change the SNMP time out to 14 and SNMP RETRY to 3

and ran the job and see how it works !!!

Thanks

Afroj

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hello!

I increased the timeot and retry attribute, but its not helping.

Here is the logfile.

Hi Erik,

Try deleting and Re-adding the device from RME and then run the Inventory job and see how it works..

If the job still fails then send me the new IC_server.log , along with the version of ciso works you are using ..

Thanks

Afroj

Hello!

If i delete and re-add the device, the inventory job will run and will be OK for the first time, but the second inventory job will fail.

My Ciscoworks version is 3.1 and RME version is 4.2.0.

My first guess was this bug, CSCsm97530 but because my RME version 4.2.0 but now I am a bit puzzled.

Hi,

CSCsm97530  >> No you are not hitting this bug,

You are hitting the below bug :

CSCsx58694    IC via EntityMib failed due to Port (Port->Container->Module->Sensors)

My recommendation is to upgarde the cisco works to LMS 3.2  and this will take care of the issue..

here is the download link for LMS 3.2:

windows:

https://cisco.mediuscorp.com/market/networkers/productView.se.work?/nxt/rcrs/proieidentity/=17651

Solaris:

https://cisco.mediuscorp.com/market/networkers/productView.se.work?/nxt/rcrs/proieidentity/=17652

Note: you do not need a new license for LMS 3.2 , your Existing License should just work fine..

Thanks

Afroj

OK, i will try the upgrade.

Thanks for the help.

Hello!

The update worked, thank you.