cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CLI support for Cisco SG100D-05 5-Port Gigabit Desktop Switch

pratulsingh
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to know if the SG100D series of switches support the CLI? If not what are the series of switches supported by the CLI.

I am looking for an application where I need to tell which device is connected to which port on a switch. Hence I am looking at this option where I can run a script and use CLI to output the MAC id of devices connected on each port.

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Yiu Kay Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

100 series switches do not support command line interface.

The 300 series switches support scriptable command line interface called 'Textview'.

Please take note that 'Textview' is not IOS CLI.

Thanks.

Yiu Kay Lee

Concentrix at Cisco

.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Yiu Kay Lee | SMB Pre-Sales | yiulee@cisco.com | Phone +1 (855) 354-7776

• So are there different commands that I have to use with Textview and not those in the CLI?
  • All I am trying to do is to run a script that tells me which machine is connected on which port of the switch.
  • Is it possible to use Textview to run a command and spit out the results to tell me the machine and its port number on the switch?

Hello,

Please check out the 200 series command line reference:-

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbss/sf200e/command_line_reference/OL-22850.pdf

Thanks.

Yiu Kay Lee

Concentrix at Cisco

.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Yiu Kay Lee | SMB Pre-Sales | yiulee@cisco.com | Phone +1 (855) 354-7776

Hi Yiu Kay Lee,

Thank you for sending me this document. It was very helpful. But I cannot understand one thing about it. Is it possible to extract the results from the CLI by passing a command via a script e.g. Python and get the results of it into Python?

For e.g.

************Python script ******************

>>print("send command to 200 series Cisco switch")

>> results = show mac-addr-table

>> print results

Please let me know if such interfacing with the CLI is possible or not?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: