Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CNA 5.7(.1) Front Panel View issues

Hi all,

I've 2 issues in the Front Panel View (FPV) of the new 5.7(.1) CNA, which I didn't have with the 5.6(.3) versions. Both are in combination with our Cisco 4506 switches. Our 2950/2970/3560/3570 don't have the problem or to a lesser extent.

Issue:

1. Showing/hiding a switch from FPV (by ticking/clearing its checkbox), especially with the 4506, is sluggish. it takes multple mouse clicks to respond or if your patient it might react on a single click in a couple of seconds. Other switches than the 4506 seem to react al little quicker, but not like in the 5.6(.3) versions.

2. When I select a port on the 4506 in FPV > Context-menu > VLAN... the "Modify Port Mode" window opens, but before showing its settings it popsup with the error: com.cisco.cpnm.features.gsbu.c4500.vlan.C4500Vlan cannot be cast to com.cisco.cpnm.features.dsbu.defn.vlan.CommonVlan

Other switches than the 4506 don't seem to have this problem. Neither does de 4506 in version 5.6.3.

Additional info:

- Properties of one of the 4506's: Cisco WS-C4506, Supervisor Enginge II-Plus (WS-X4013+), 12.2(25)EWA4-SMI

- From the CNA Application log:

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.cisco.cpnm.features.gsbu.c4500.vlan.C4500Vlan cannot be cast to com.cisco.cpnm.features.dsbu.defn.vlan.CommonVlan

at com.cisco.cpnm.features.dsbu.defn.vlan.TrunkDetailsTask.getNativeVlans(TrunkDetailsTask.java:1644)

at com.cisco.cpnm.features.dsbu.defn.vlan.TrunkDetailsTask.updateMirrorFromDevice(TrunkDetailsTask.java:508)

at com.cisco.cpnm.frmwrk.gen.wd.WDContainer.updateMirrorFromDevice(WDContainer.java:590)

at com.cisco.cpnm.frmwrk.gen.wd.WDWidget$2.run(WDWidget.java:1179)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.cisco.cpnm.features.gsbu.c4500.vlan.C4500Vlan cannot be cast to com.cisco.cpnm.features.dsbu.defn.vlan.CommonVlan

at com.cisco.cpnm.features.dsbu.defn.vlan.TrunkDetailsTask.getNativeVlans(TrunkDetailsTask.java:1644)

at com.cisco.cpnm.features.dsbu.defn.vlan.TrunkDetailsTask.updateMirrorFromDevice(TrunkDetailsTask.java:508)

at com.cisco.cpnm.frmwrk.gen.wd.WDContainer.updateMirrorFromDevice(WDContainer.java:590)

at com.cisco.cpnm.frmwrk.gen.wd.WDWidget$2.run(WDWidget.java:1179)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

- CNA is running on Windows 2003 Enterprise Server SP2

- Updated Java to its latest version: didn't solve the problem.

Anyone an idea what might be wrong?

2 Replies 2

jughosh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dimitry,

Bug ID: CSCtx94456

This bug will be resolved in CNA 5.7.5 which is going to be available in 2nd
week of March'12.

FYI 5.7(5) is now out. May have some of it's own bugs though. I cannot add devices to a community

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: