Views
Helpful
Replies

CNA 5.8.8 doesn't show my topology?

quintiqhq
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Yesterday I've downloaded and installed the brand new 5.8.8 Network Assitant.

I must say it looks promissing cause it now supports our AP's.

However it seems that it's not showing the topology?

I re-booted, checked my logging, checked JAVA version, Updated JAVA version etc. but so far no luck.

Does anybody have a clue why this happens?

My feeling says it has something to do with JAVA but I still haven't found the root cause.

Any help is more then  welcome.

Thanks in advance,

B@rt

31 Replies 31

Greetings,

I've just attempted to reply witheeee my willingness to help debug, but my email to cs-cna@cisco.com just got bounced:

rcdn-inbound-d.cisco.com #550 #5.1.0 Address rejected. ##

Any advice?

Best regards,

Hello,

Just now I tried cs-cna@cisco.com and it is working fine. Can you please try again and send Application log?

Thanks

Kishan

I too was unable to send along my application log via e-mail. I suspect your external mail server is rejecting it since 72.163.0.0 is at Cisco.

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

cs-cna@cisco.com
A problem occurred during the delivery of this message to this e-mail address. Try sending this message again. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.

The following organization rejected your message: [72.163.7.166].

FYI Inventory and front panel views work perfectly - it's only topology that fails. Status shows "Discovering Topology" for about 30 minutes and then finally displays a black screen in Topology view.

Hi Marvin,

cs-cna@cisco.com is working, I tried in the morning. Can you please send your application log when you see black screen in Topology View.

Thanks

Kishan

Kishan,

I re-sent the application log just now. It seems to have not bounced this time.

ace-cco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

where can i download the new version ?

Is the new 2960X supported ?

Thks

Steffen

There's a link to the software download area on the product support page here.

The 2960-X is not yet supported by CNA. It's not even showing up in the Prime LMS supported devices just yet.

I am getting a bounce when trying to email that address as well.

Afternoon all

As soon as I ran the 5.8.8, I too lost the topology view. I had two communities open at the time of the upgrade. One still works and the other doesnt. The critical one I need however, doesnt work. When I try and recreate a new community, I am told that the DNS entry is invalid??? and that I should try using an IP address, which is what I was trying to do in the first place.

This has never been an issue with the previous versions until now. So from the other responses, there is obvioulsy an issue with this latest release. How do I send the debug information from CNA, as mentioned above??

Regards

Stefan

Thank you all for your help in debugging this issue.

We were able to reproduce it here, and have found the root cause.

We'll be releasing a patch release along with this fix, titled 5.8.8.1, on October 11th.

Thank you for your patience until this corrected version is released.

Thanks,

Efrat

It looks like 5.8.8. has been withdrawn - it no longer shows up on the CNA download page.

I do not see a link to the patch that was to be release on the download page, has the release been pushed back?

Was looking forward to finally getting this issue fixed, as i use this all the time. Am hoping that CIsco will come back to us shortly with the patch.

pkishan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We will be posting a patch that addresses topology view in a day or two. Thank you for the patience.

Thanks

Kishan

Morning all,

I have just loaded the lastest update 5.8.8.1, a few minutes ago, and I can confirm the topology view has been restored.

Cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: