cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Command

KylePelayo68050
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco switch 3750. I entered the command clear memory water-low-mark. Did it damage the switch? What did it do exactly and can I fix it? Did it do something to the functionality of the switch? Thank you for the help!!

6 Replies 6

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

This command clear all threshold value which are used to raise a logging event in case memory does down this value.
You can configure them back using the same command without the clear. If you want best practices, you can look for Cisco IOS hardening documentation.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Is it necessary to reconfigure this for proper operation of switch?

Necessary no but highly recommended to protect your box for crashing in case of bad traffic for example (ddos).

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Do you know what the defaults values for a catalyst 3750-x series is supposed to be?

If you check the hardening guide from Cisco website you'll have all defaults values

Thanks
Francesco
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco