cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Common Services - Unknown device type

shaanismath
Level 1
Level 1

I am running LMS 3.2 with CiscoWorks Common Services 3.3.0. I recently added a new cisco switch WS-C2960S-48LPS-L and it promptly adds as "Unknown device type" with a question mark next to it. How can I get ciscoworks to recgonize the device type.

I thought I should be updating Common services to the latest version, but under CiscoWorks product updates, it says "newer version Common services 3.0.4 available" Isnt 3.0.4 an older version compared to 3.3.0?

Is there anything else I can do to get cisco works to understand the latest device types? It seems to be affecting things like config archival.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Pavone
Level 1
Level 1

3.0.4 is an older version of Common Services.  Don't download that.

3.3 is the latest Common Services version based on that release.  Make sure you download the latest device updates (mdf files) to get approporiate device support.  There are also a few patches for Common Services as well based on defects fixed, so you may want to download those as well.  I attached a screen shot of where you can download the software.

Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Robert Pavone
Level 1
Level 1

3.0.4 is an older version of Common Services.  Don't download that.

3.3 is the latest Common Services version based on that release.  Make sure you download the latest device updates (mdf files) to get approporiate device support.  There are also a few patches for Common Services as well based on defects fixed, so you may want to download those as well.  I attached a screen shot of where you can download the software.

Rob

Robert,

That worked. I downloaded the latest device types and the unknown device types disappeared.

Thank you

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card