cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Communication Delay between Vlans.

FAZ
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all. I work in a Public sector. Now here i am facing an issue for quite a long time. There are three Vlans(201,50,32). On Vlan 32 there is a reports portal server which is used to update the daily reports. When i access the reports server from Vlan 201, i am able to access it, there is no packets drop and the reports portal is displayed on the browser within 2 seconds. Now when i access the same portal from Vlan 50, I am able to access it and there is no packets drops but it takes at least 30 to 35 seconds for the portal to get displayed on the browser. This delay is quite frustrating for the users who access the server from Vlan 50. I need some valuable troubleshooting guidelines/suggestions over this issue. I shall be very thankful to you all.

2 Replies 2

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi
need more info to tshoot

Are the 3 vlans processed by the same L3 device ?
Is everything on the same device or are there multiple devices involved
is the same issue occurring no matter which device you come from in vlan 50 ?
is there latency on the path for vlan 50 compared to the path taken from vlan 32 ?

I agree with Mark that we need more information about the topology of this network and about how the layer 2 forwarding and layer 3 forwarding is performed. Some things that we might look for include whether there may be a duplex mismatch that is causing lots of retransmissions, or whether there may be an MTU issue that is causing fragmentation.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: