cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Compliance/Deploy Jobs on RME 4.3

Sean Gilkes
Level 1
Level 1

What is the maximum number of jobs that can run simultaneously..?  We have a compliance template which reports that 1,381 devices are non-compliant, but it takes a little over one minute to make the changes on each device.  This would work out to be over 20 hours and we only have a six hour maintenance window.

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The config downloader runs with five threads by default.  That would mean it would take about five hours to run your job.

OK then we have a problem with our system - and I'll open a case concerning that - but the question was how many jobs can run at the same time..?

There is no limit to the number of simultaneous jrm jobs that can run.  However, when it comes to Config Archive operations, you have to go through ConfigMgmtServer, so thread count will come into play.  That will be your gating factor.

Assuming a multi-processor server with at least 4 GB of RAM, you can use the RME performance tuning tool to bump up thread counts.  This can be done by running:

NMSROOT/bin/rmept/rmeptt.sh -apply perftune_Solaris

Or:

NMSROOT\bin\rmept\rmeptt -apply perftune_Windows

A compliance check/deploy job of 301 devices started at 23:42 and finished at 4:54 the next morning, so I guess we will need to do some tuning... ;o)  Thank you for the tip about the tuning program, I shall certainly look at that.

Cheers,

SRGi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: