cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Config Professional Install issue's

andymorph
Level 1
Level 1

Im trying to run Config Pro from my laptop to access a 877 router.  When the program installs it says Internet explorer with Jave 1.6.11 - not present and adobe flash 10 not present.

But i've got java installed - and have selecteed that particular version in the java settings.  Im on adobe flash 11 - i cant install 10 as i cant get hold of it - os there somthing im missing here ?

Im using windows 7 64 bit

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have found the various Cisco programs that use Java are very intolerant of other (additional) Java versions being installed on the machine. Especially when Java 7 is installed, I have not been able to get CCP, ASDM or LMS Topology services to run. I also tried selecting Java 1.6 to be the active version for those programs. So I uninstalled Java 7 and install only 1.6.

I am running Flash 11 and that has not given me issues with my CCP. In fact I had to reinstall to correct the "hibernate" bug and the fresh install worked OK with Flash 11. My Java is 1.6 update 31.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: