Helpful
Replies

configuring IPSLA using LMS 4.0

vduprez
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

It's me again...

I have tried to configure IPSLA using LMS and I'm quite surprised that even if the collectors are running:

ScreenShot005.jpg

and my tagrget has received the IPSLA responder commands - no commands have been received on my source router so my stats are empty .I have no errors messages while configuring the IPSLA.

Any ideas ? where can I find some logs ?

regards,

vincent

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not sure what you mean by "no commands have been received on my source router."  If you mean that you don't see any IP SLA configuration on the source, then this is expected.  By default the IP SLA configuration pushed by LMS does not appear in the running config.  This can be changed by checking the "Copy IPSLA Configuration to running-config" box under Admin > Collection Settings > Performance > IPSLA application settings.  You will then need to reconfigure your collector in LMS.

That said, you don't need to do this.  LMS will maintain the IP SLA configuration via SNMP without it needing to show up in the running config.

Hi,

Ok it's working ... even if it looks strange not to have the comands visible :-)

I'm trying to configure a DHCP IPSLA. for this I have added an adhoc target (my DHCP server) and when I try to configure the collector I received an error message so I suppose it's not the correct way to do it..

Is there is procedure available somewhere ?

Regards

You do not specify a target for the DHCP operation.  You can either use the default DHCP operation or create a new one and specify a specific DHCP server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco