cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connection attempt has timed out. Please verify Internet connectivity.

michael.odland1
Level 1
Level 1

I am receiving this error when attempting to log on via VPN: "Connection attempt has timed out. Please verify Internet connectivity."

I've received this error message while successfully connected to the internet.

This is the first time that I've received this error message. I have been able to successfully log on to my work's server many times before.

Please help me understand how to fix this issue.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

rayj103152
Level 1
Level 1

I have two PC. Windows 64 bit and Windows 32 bit.  with version Version 3.1.05152 installed on both.  The 32 bit Windows PC connects successfully and the 64 bit client gets the error Connection attempt has timed out.   Please verify Internet connectivity.  Also, I use the client to connect to 2 different locations.  One location connections successfully, and the other location gets the time out error.

Any ideas?  

I discovered the issue.  I neglected to add the Port number required for the connection.  Adding the correct port number following the colon following the address resolved the issue. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: