cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Control Plane Protection rate-limits (SNMP) on IOS-XR

glshillcutt
Level 1
Level 1

I'm doing a large-scale snmpwalk against an ASR9k (with IOS-XR v4.2.0) running as a provider edge router (full bgp table) and pulling the full contents of the BGP route table.  On other routers, this completes within my timeout window, but not on the ASR9k.

Figuring that this has to do with CoPP rate-limits, I've adjusted the rate-limits to ridiculously high values.  E.g.

lpts pifib hardware police location 0/0/CPU0

flow snmp rate 10000000

But still, the walk doesn't complete in an acceptable amount of time.  Manual snmpwalks display a rate slower than even 7600s, with occassional stutters.  CPU on the box doesn't even register that anything extraordinary is going on (@ 2 - 3%), and "show lpts pifib hardware police location" shows that there are 0 drops against SNMP.

I figure it's likely a knob I haven't turned yet - either some traffic shaping mechanism or some combination of process scheduling/priority with SNMP.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks,

-- Gil

1 Reply 1

glshillcutt
Level 1
Level 1

BTW, don't know why but the **** above should have read k - n - o - b.  Probably the decorum police checking in...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: