Views
Helpful
Replies

CPI 3.0.2 - map topology - links between devices missing

Matt A.
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everybody,

I have noticed that in our pi3.0.2 network topology the links betwees some devices have vanished, these were originally added during initial discovery (link type physical). However, I know I can add them manually but if I want to do this I would have used mspaint for the topology :) so that is actually what I wanted to avoid with cpi....

CDP is (and was) alway enabled, and neighbour adjacency is established. When I go the 360 view -> Neighbours, I see the local and remote interfaces used for connection.

I have tried following steps to get the links back:

- sync the devices in the inventory

- rediscover the devices

- restart prime (ncs stop /start)

has anyone an idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Matt

5 Replies 5

nalway
Level 1
Level 1

Just to say I have seen the same in our installation. No idea what causes it nor a resolution.

Not seen at all sites/topologies and as best I can see no common devices.

Only way I have resolved (followed same steps as you) is to manually create a link.

Pascal Weber
Level 1
Level 1

i have the same problem... maybe i'll open a TAC-Case...

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12927421/prime-30-topology-view

Regards

Pascal

Hi Pascal,

Have you got any answers regarding your issue? I have the same problem here...

All link were viewable on 2.1 and after the upgrade procedure, the are all missing.

Thanks!

Naor.

Hello Naor

I had to reinstall prime 3.0. TAC said that i forgot to restart (i was sure i've did) ncs service after installing every tech/Device package. After the reinstallation it worked fine. Be sure to restore a backup where it worked. otherwise open a new TAC...

Regards

Pascal

Matt A.
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have just updated to PI 3.1 and the topology looks good now.