Views
Helpful
Replies

CSR1000V - Renew & Implement - AX License Using Cisco Smart Licensing

nexusrouter
Level 1
Level 1
Greetings All,

I wanted to confirm with those experienced in Smart Licensing on the process of renewing the License for a CSR1000v.

Currently our organisation is already registered with Smart Licensing via our Virtual Account, I can see the connection is successful due to the mechanism polling the Virtual Cisco Smart Account ,  showing "Succeeded"... and "Registered"

Their are alerts on the Cisco account showing Out of Compliance for an evaluation of the AX Licence "which has since expired" however services would continue as normal. However in order to bring the device back into compliance is we need one of these are we are deficient by 1 or negative -1

We are currently the process in procuring a new Licence "Application Experience AX", do I simply just convert this to smart licencing and deposit this into the Virtual Account?

As from my current reading up on this, the device is already registered with the virtual account and has the evaluation license applied the AX (which has expired and is the reason for complaining about being out of compliance)

According to Cisco's white paper's once this device has been registered I do not need to generate a new token, as this device is already in place, can any of you seniors confirm this?

Do I need to do anything on the CSR itself to renew / consume the new AX License when this is purchased?

Thank you in advanced

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I may have misread the information - You  are  correct, appoliges for the confusion here.

If the device  is regietered  and sucess, you do not ned to anything, Make sure you verify the License you purchased active and used.

I hope this is more clear and more simple for you to understand what I am asking...

yes it is, i may have mxied other information here.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

sure it not required once the device is register and got the License to use, but every 90days or less device try to contact smart license server to get update information.

show license show active, you can get performance license to be used as expected.

BB

Thank you for the reply, most helpful

May I ask  If we do purchase an AX licence (In order to bring the CSR1000v into Compliance)

Do I simply need to convert this to a smart licence in the Virtual Account?

And would you or anyone be so kind to answer this:-

• On the CSR1000v itself what would I need to do to apply this newly purchased licence?
  • What are the procedural tasks required  in order to implement this onto the CSR1000v?

You can use smart License config on the device to get license from server as mentioned below guide :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/csr1000/software/configuration/b_CSR1000v_Configuration_Guide/b_CSR1000v_Configuration_Guide_chapter_01000.html

BB

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, the Cisco white paper that you have included in your post does not have any confirmation on what I am originally asking.

Can you be so kind to confirm the following:

Do I simply need to convert this to a smart licence in the Virtual Account?

And would you or anyone be so kind to answer this:-

• On the CSR1000v itself what would I need to do to apply this newly purchased licence?
  • What are the procedural tasks required  in order to implement this onto the CSR1000v?

Not sure how far you reviewed the document here :

On the CSR1000v itself what would I need to do to apply this newly purchased licence?
    What are the procedural tasks required  in order to implement this onto the CSR1000v?

Once you have CSR up and running, you need to configure call home :

1. in the document -

Configuring Call Home for Smart Licensing

Enabling Cisco Smart Licensing

still not clear ?

BB

You may have misunderstood the original question.

In the O.P

"Currently our organisation is already registered with Smart Licensing via our Virtual Account, I can see the connection is successful due to the mechanism polling the Virtual Cisco Smart Account ,  showing "Succeeded"... and "Registered"

Which means that Call Home & Smart Licensing is already configured and operating.

What I am asking is the following:-

According to Cisco's white paper's once this device has been registered 

Do not need to generate a new token or leave it as it is?  As this device is already configured for smart licencing / Call home

Can any of you seniors confirm this?

Do I need to do anything on the CSR itself to renew / consume the new AX License when this is purchased?

I hope this is more clear and more simple for you to understand what I am asking...

I may have misread the information - You  are  correct, appoliges for the confusion here.

If the device  is regietered  and sucess, you do not ned to anything, Make sure you verify the License you purchased active and used.

yes it is, i may have mxied other information here.

BB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: