Views
Helpful
Replies

CUOM + Service Monitor + CUSSM Architecture

omar_youn
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a new deployment for COUM with service monitor and Cisco Unified Service Statistics Manager and I have 2 servers.

I want to somebody help me who to deploy these solution in 2 servers? I prefer to install COUM with Service Monitor in the same server and CUSSM in the other server, what do you thing?

I have other question, to upgrade COUM 2.2 to CUOM 2.3 I must to pass by cisco to purchase the new license, or I can to use the same license COUM 2.2 for COUM 2.3

Thanks a lot,

Best Regards,

Omar YUNSI

1 Reply 1

shmcguir
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

It is ok to install CUOM and CUSM on the same server. See the guidelines here for the minimum hardware requirements:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_unified_operations_manager/2.3/installation/guide/prereq.html#wp1124344

In regards to licensing, if you have a license for CUOM 2.2, then the same license file is valid for license 2.3, so you won't need to purchase a new one.

If you decide to install CUOM and CUSM on a different server though you will need to have the license migrated to that server. The license is tied to the mac address of your server.

You can contact licensing@cisco.com to have the license migrated if needed.

Best regards,

Shane