Views
Helpful
Replies

CW LMS 4.0 upgrade

PSPC Networks
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I have a quick question for you, I recently started somewhere as IT Eng, and I faced CW LMS 4.0 which is EOS/EOL. Up to now I was thinking that this software is not upgradable to the recent version but after read this forum I realized that I can upgrade it.

How does this upgrade works? and What I have to do for it. The license fine is already applied on the system, you can see the screenshot regarding to that, besides, I got "uname -a" for you to see which hardware platform I am working on.

admin@R91:~ -> uname -a
SunOS R91 5.10 Generic_147147-26 sun4v sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T5120

My other question is about the platform itself. Is this platform is enough to handle about 400 to 500 devices just for inventory job in upgraded version. Means having inventory of configs and IOS.

Regards,
Michael

1 Reply 1

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi MIchael,

Moving from 4.0 to 4.1 or 4.2 would need a new license as this will be a major upgrade. you can contact the license team and  get the one generated for you.

platform has nothing to do with the device support , as long as you have licesne count to support those devices , it should be fine.

Thanks-

Afroz

****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****