cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Daemon manager lms 3.2 starts and dies

rgomes
Level 1
Level 1

After running OK during several months the lms3.2 daemon manager is going down without starting the lms services.

I have already run resetcasuser and did not helped.

I found that the casusers group had not the proper permissions on the cmd.exe file, I had this problem on an CUOM 2.3 installation, but

even after correcting the cmd.exe permissions the error persists.

I am posting the dmgtd related lines extracted from the syslog.log.

Any help is appreciated.

7 Replies 7

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi ,

1.-Please check that the IIS service is not running on the server. (If running stop and disable it) 2.-Please try by adding the casuser to the administrator group : From My computer click the right button of the mouse and select Manage. Go to local users, double click on casuser and select tab 'Member of' Add to 'Administrator'

Then :
Go to CSCOpx\setup\support in DOS prompt. Run the command 'resetcasuser' provide a password according to the password policies.

Now try to restart: c:\>net stop crmdmgtd (wait for a couple of minutes after each command) c:\>net start crmdmgtd (wait full 5 minutes and then log in Cisco works) I hope this should work !!

Thanks--
Afroj
Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi

Reseting casuser after putting casuser under the Administrator group did not solved the problem.

As a desperate try the customer started all daemons manually, he could log in but got license errors.

See the atached files.

Hi ,

Go to services.msc > change the Daemon Manager status from AUTOMATIC to MANUAL .

Reboot the server

once the server is back , changed the status back to Automatic and then try to start the Daemon Manager (net start crmdmgtd)

Is your server runnning under Domain ?

what is the Opearting system on the servre ?

Is LMS integarted with ACS ?

Thanks--

Afroj

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi

Done the procedure described by Afroj, however, no success.

System: Microsoft Windows Server 2003

Enterprise x64 Edition

Service Pack 2

The server is the domain and is not integrated with the Cisco ACS.

Thanks

Daniel Moreira.

Hi Daniel ,

Is it possible to remove the server from Domain just for testing..?

Remove the server from Domain and then try to start the daemon manager..

Thanks--

Afroj

Hi Afroj,

Sorry, actually is the CiscoWorks is integrated with the Cisco ACS.

Does that change anything?

Thanks

Daniel Moreira

Hi Daniel,

As the Daemon Manager is  not getting start .

Can you Break the LMS and ACS Integration as below :

on the Command prompt :

NMSROOT\bin >perl ResetLoginModule.pl

and now tried to start the Daemon Manager..

Also did you treid to remove the server from Domain and then tried to start the Daemons ?

Thanks

Afroj

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: