cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dashlet configuration in Prime! Infrastructure?

nellson
Level 1
Level 1

I have created my own custome dashboard under Detail Dashboards. I have added 4 "Interface Tx and Rx Utilization" Dashlets. When I edit them, I don't see how I tie them to an interface?

In the Interface Detail Dashboard, the entire page uses a Filter to pick an interface to show stats on. I can't even add a filter to my dashboard, the drop down is empty.

This is CPI 1.2, and I am only using the ROOT-DOMAIN at this time.

Nick

16 Replies 16

Shantha Kumar Selvaraj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The Add filter option for custom dashboard doesn't show up any filter is a defect.

Dears,

I have configured snmp communities on my routers and switches and added them to Prime Infrastructure 1.2. I can see number of clients connected via wireless and wired. However, when i go to "interface tx and rx utilization" in detailed dashboard, it displays no data available. I tried to select many different interfaces but it does not work. However, on devices, i can see memory and CPU utilization and devices are managed under Operate > Device Work Center.

Please advise.

Moustafa

Hi,

Is Interface health template deployed on all managed devices?

The CPU,memory metrics are populated since Device health template is deployed by default.

Regards

Dear Shantha,

Thanks for the fast reply, you are totally right, interface health template was not deployed. I deployed it now and it is working fine. However i want to see interface rx and tx in bps. How can i see that?

Please advise,

Moustafa

Hi,

The "TOP N Interface Utilization"  dashlet would be the closest ,it's under  Performance -->Network Interface dashboard

Regards

Hi shaselva,

I have deployed and undeployed the interface health Template and the Device Health Template but I have not been able to see any CPU and memory utilization of the devices.

I created Interface Health and threshold.

I also created Device Health and threshold.

What else could be missing?

Also is it possible to remove or delete an already added wireless LAN controller on cisco prime 1.2 trial version.

It reflects on the dashboard interface but the collection status is showing SYNCHING.

Please I need urgent answers.

Regards

Hi,

If you are getting into trial evaluation I would suggest go for Prime 2.2,It's the latest and greatest. PI 1.2 would still have open issues.

The basic check would be snmp connectivity is up or not,there is no ACL restricting ifmib on device.

I'm not aware of Trial version behaviour,but there shouldn't be restriction to delete/readd as long as #of device license is available and not maxed out.

Hi Shantha,

Thanks a lot for your support thus far.

Is there no way the open issues can be resolved on PI 1.2? I need the CPU and

memory utilization to be activated.

Also the Wireless LAN Controller has been showing Synching for over 1 week now but it is reachable. When I want to delete it, PI 1.2 tells me that it takes a long time to delete a device under Device work center. How can I delete/remove the Wireless LAN Controller?

Kindly assist.

Regards,

Ti

Hi,

I may not be able to answer that part,but product owners would always like to enhance latest code rather then spending time on oldest version.You could use the 2.2 eval version.

I've personally seen all these issues in version <2.2 which are fixed in 2.2.Like the sync issue.You can check the inventory logs for why its in sync mode.

it's under opt/CSC..../logs

But I would suggest move to latest code.

Hi Shantha,

Thanks again for your support. I really appreciate it.

I kindly need your help again.

I am having issues with cisco prime device:

• I can't connect to it via the web management interface
  • It takes several attempts to boot the device... most cases it hangs in the initial stages of booting. At times it is able to boot into console mode.

Regards,

Tioluwani

you got to move to 2.0 or 2.2,you will keep having issues with older versions

if the NMS service is down you woont get the UI

check ncs status

check nms_launchout.log

Thanks a lot.

Please how do I bring up NMS service if it is down.

Regards,

Tioluwani Irabor

Good Day Shantha,

I really appreciate the support thus far.

Please how do I create reports with cisco prime infrastructure?

Kindly state out the steps from Report Launch Pad.

Anticipating your response.

Regards,

Tioluwani Irabor

@Shantha Kumar Selvaraj wrote:

Hi,

Is Interface health template deployed on all managed devices?

The CPU,memory metrics are populated since Device health template is deployed by default.

Regards

This worked for me! Thank you!

Raul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: