cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
IBMBHARTISO
Beginner

Data Transfer rate on IPLC link

Dear Experts

I have one link (IPLC) from india to african countries and the link bandwidth is 150 Mbps. This link i am using for my data transfer from servers connected on both side of the links. Now the problem is that i am able to get only 500 to 700 KBps of file transfer speed with FTP protocol even if the link is free.

The END A and END B distance would be around 9000 Kilometers and the response  on the link is aroung 200 to 230 ms.

As per my past experience i have few links with in the country and the link distance is around 2000 Kilometers  and the response time on the link is only 30 to 40ms. Here i use to get the file transfer speed upto 17 MBps. Now i understand that if the distance is more the file transfer may take some time but want to highlight that we are using  RFC 1323 tunable settings on server NIC cards . With this RFC i should be able to achieve more then 10Mbps of the speed.

I don't have any experience on working on the IPLS link for huge data transfer so woulf need your expert suggestions on the issue. I want to achieve  the maximum speed on the link if it is possible.

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0
Content for Community-Ad