cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DCNM 10.1 Monitoring OTV

krhashbarger
Level 1
Level 1

I have DCNM 10.1, I am trying to get the OTV Topology in the Topology Diagram, but it says no OTV found. We have 4 Nexus 7K running OTV currently. In order to get the OTV information to show up in the topology is there anything special I need to do? What VDC do I put in DCNM in order to monitor not only the OTV VDC, but the Switch VDC, and the Admin VDC?

4 Replies 4

I have same issue. have you managed to solve the problem ?

I figured it out. You add the other VDC items. So you add the ip address for the OTV management, the admin VDC, and the Switch VDC. When you add the other items it does not count against your license since it is all the same switch.

Yes, that's right, and that actually I have to do so that when I click the OTV topology in the topology diagram I get "no OTV overlay found", Please, Could you explain so I have to add to the DCNM? OTV VDC IP management or something else?

Thanks.

You have to add the OTV VDC Management IP to DCNM also, along with any other VDC Management IP addresses for the Nexus 7k. Once DCNM discovers each VDC then you can do the check mark next to OTV Overlay and it will be displayed. When you check mark the OTV box it will all appear, no need to put the OVerlay id or Extended VLAN ID unless you have more then one.

For Example:

In our 7k we have an Admin VDC, OTV VDC, and the Switch VDC. Each of these VDC's have different Management IP addresses. I have all three added in DCNM and it counts as one license because it is the same unit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: