cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DCNM 10.4.1 E-Mail forwarding does not work

Oswin Peters
Level 1
Level 1

I have a clean VM installation of DCNM 10.4.1 and cannot get the e-mail forwarding working.

We use a exchange mail server and whitelisted the IP address of DCNM.

Using the test function we don't receive any e-mail and also no message on DCNM.

Is this a bug?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I tried to send the e-mail to a laptop with Wireshark, but no attempt for DSCM to send a "test" mail.

Eventually I was successful by changing the default DSCN config and used syslog messages up to info level.

As a test I picked a common syslog message and added that as e-mail forwarder action and finally I say that DCNM was sending a e-mail. However the test button still did not work..

Eventually I opened a TAC case for this and god an answer,

It seems that the test button is only for SAN devices, you will get a dropdown box to select your SAN device. Since I only have two LAN devices this button never showed anything letting me believe it was a simple test button to test the e-mail function..

Also for LAN device you can’t use the SNMP TRAP forwarding only syslog is supported for LAN devices.

Sometimes I fail to see the logic on Cisco products…

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check the designated SMTP server's logfile (too) and see wether there is any connection attempt from the DCNM server.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

I tried to send the e-mail to a laptop with Wireshark, but no attempt for DSCM to send a "test" mail.

Eventually I was successful by changing the default DSCN config and used syslog messages up to info level.

As a test I picked a common syslog message and added that as e-mail forwarder action and finally I say that DCNM was sending a e-mail. However the test button still did not work..

Eventually I opened a TAC case for this and god an answer,

It seems that the test button is only for SAN devices, you will get a dropdown box to select your SAN device. Since I only have two LAN devices this button never showed anything letting me believe it was a simple test button to test the e-mail function..

Also for LAN device you can’t use the SNMP TRAP forwarding only syslog is supported for LAN devices.

Sometimes I fail to see the logic on Cisco products…

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: