Views
Helpful
Replies

DCNM 6.1 - error licensing "Unable to get Server Host-ID"

Abel JULIAN
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have installed a DCNM6.1.1.b under Windows environment on VMware infrastructure 4.1. I am using Windows 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 in French.

When I go on the web client for licensing my devices (Under the Menu "Admin --> General --> License"), I have the following error in a pop-up "Unable to get Server Host-ID" (printscreen enclosed).

Have you seen this before ? I had no errors from the installer. Do you know in which log files I need to look ?

Thanks by advance,

Abel.

6 Replies 6

s.winiarz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I've got the same issue with DCNM 6.1(2) ...

Does someone know how to solve this issue ?

Thanks

Regards

Hello,

I finally resolved my issue reinstalling DCNM on the Windows Server 2008 US native. Now it is working well.

Hope it will helps you,

Regards,

Abel.

Il ne parle pas Français.

Tant pis pour lui !

I have installed DCNM 6.1.2 on Window 2008 with vsphere 5.1

i;ve got the same issued  ' unable to get server host id '

i've reinstalled DCNM and window 2008 but the same result

who resolve the problem?

Hello, I found this thread when I was searching for a solution for the same problem on a Linux server.

When running DCNM 7.1.1 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, the message "Unable to get Server Host-ID" is shown when trying to install the license files.

The problem is actually solved by changing the locale from "de_DE.UTF-8" to "en_US.UTF-8" in /etc/sysconfig/i18n.

Regards, Thomas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: