Views
Helpful
Replies

DCNM 6.x - Backup Nexus configuration

MathieuJM_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm busy on configuring the backup of the configuration from Nexus switches 5K and 7K.

I have installed COPSSH on my windows server and try to confiugre the sftp credentials.

I have the following error:

Verification failed to back up file from 'ip_address'.

Please see Admin>Logs>Web Report

In the Web report i have :

N5K#

2012.12.05 15:03:31  INFO  [FM.WebReport] Remote copy failed.  copy bootflash:ip_address-121205-150329-TEST sftp://SvcCOPSSH@ip_address/ip_address-121205-150329-TEST   vrf management

ssh: connect to host ip_address port 22: No route to host

Couldn't read packet: Connection reset by peer

N5K#

2012.12.05 15:03:33  INFO  [FM.WebReport] Remote copy failed.

2012.12.05 15:03:33  INFO  [FM.WebReport]  show switchname > bootflash:ip_address-121205-150329-TEST

N5K# delete bootflash:ip_address-121205-150329-TEST

N5K#

2012.12.05 15:03:33  INFO  [FM.WebReport]

Failed to back up file from 'ip_address': Please see web reports logs

I have tested from the CLI from the switch and i have the issue but if i use the default vrf 'default' it works fine.

How can i change the command sent by DCNM to the Nexus in order to specify vrf default and not vrf management ?

Cheers

4 Replies 4

Luis Perez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mathieu have you solved this problem, because i have the same

martin_ced
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

i also have this problem, even if i use TFTP or SFTP... Everything is ok with CLI, but nothing with backup jobs ...

if anybody can help .

Thanks in advance

Hi guys, I have the same problem with four nexus 5596up, but with others 5548 it works fine with TFTP, by you use sftp need to have a License that its called FM_SERVER, only for SAN environment, if someone can resolved this issue i really want to share with us this solution

best regards

aruls
Level 1
Level 1

In the past releases these issues are fixed. Now DCNM will be able to take backup through default or management vrf's.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: