Replies

DCNM problems with Nexus 4K

Unknown.
Level 1
Level 1

All,

DCNM version 5.1(3u) and 5.1(2)

Nexus 4000 version 4.1.2.E1.f1

When I want to discover my N4Ks, in a first instance that seems to work, but all of a sudden all my N4Ks come in DCNM "unmannaged" state with following reason:

Discrepancy in device system log, Recommended action: clear the system log and discover the device

This discovery is a basic feature of DCNM and requires no configuration, so it seems me strange to have this issue. I also see following logging on my N4K during his discovery:

%XMLMA-3-XMLMAERR: XML master agent: XML subagent session 5019 terminated, may be crashed or killed.

Neither the DCNM message or the N4K message gives me feedback on the Cisco website. I have tried many things like upgrades, downgrades, log clearings, reloads,... but nothing seems to work.

Someone has an idea to get this working? For my Nexus 7000 there is absolutely no problem and is working fine in DCNM.

Regards,

Ben Blendeman

3 Replies 3

Nael Mohammad
Level 5
Level 5

Is the hostname longer than 20 characters? If so, change to a shorter hostname. If not get the following logs:

-          DCNM Version
-          NX-OS Version
-         Server logs:
(\dcm\jboss-4.2.2.GA\server\dcnm\log)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\dcm\jboss-4.2.2.GA\server\dcnm\log

reswaran
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For me it looks like a problem in the XML agent in N4K which responds to the NETCONF requests from DCNM. Its better to escalate it to the N4k team.

Guys,

turns out that this was a bug once in the N7Ks and now it showed up in the N4Ks... I have an open TAC case and I am waiting for some response from R&D.

Thanks already for the replies and I will keep you guys posted!

Ben

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: