Helpful
Replies

dcnm san client

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

Hi All

3 questions:

1) I just downloaded the dcnm client for LAN ... is there a seperate client for SAN ? I dont see any download links for SAN...

2) Is it possible to add brocade switches to DCNM-SAN? Does it require additional licenses?

3) Can we use the fabric manager license "N5000FMS1k9" for DCNM SAN, or do we need "DCNM-SAN-N5K-K9" license for the nexus 5000?

Thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

This can be closed.

I got all answers... For the benefit of others who are searching answers for the same question:

1) I just downloaded the dcnm client for LAN ... is there a seperate client for SAN ? I dont see any download links for SAN...  --- Yes .. DCNM SAN has a seperate client. After installation, you can open the DCNM page on http, and you would find the download links on top right corner for DCNM-LAN, SAN and device manager.

2) Is it possible to add brocade switches to DCNM-SAN? Does it require additional licenses? - I dont think this is possible

3) Can we use the fabric manager license "N5000FMS1k9" for DCNM SAN, or do we need "DCNM-SAN-N5K-K9" license for the nexus 5000? - Yes.. Use the same license and generate the PAK file. FMS licenses do work in DCNM-SAN..

Good luck