cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DCNM WEB Interface ( after DCNM upgrade)

Andrea Gazzini
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I upgraded from DCNM 7.1.2 to DCNM 7.2.1, windows 64bit, the process was "automatic" ( old version was recognized by new DCNM) and everything seems fine except that the web interface is no longer available....before upgrading it was working...

On the server.properties file, the designated port is 80 ( web.port=80), like it was before, but I'm getting error 404.

Rebooted the server, no luck.

I tried to change it ( web.port=8081 ) and restarted the Cisco DCNM SAN Server service, but no luck. ( I use DCNM in order to monitor SAN ).

The Java ( provisioning) part is working fine tho....

Any suggestion ? I cannot access anymore the historical performance data, nor I don't even know if DCNM is still collecting data from the MDS sources...

Thank you in advance.

Andrea

2 Replies 2

Eric Scott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andrea,

The DCNM server is most likely operating fine except for delivering the web page.  You can verify if DCNM is still polling devices by logging into a switch and running the command 'show users.'  The user account used by DCNM should be logged in.

• Does the SAN client still connect properly?
  • Is DCNM using HTTPS and port 443 instead of port 80?
  • Is DCNM using a postgres database and has the database been vacuumed recently?
    • This is actually the most common cause for the symptoms you're seeing.
    • http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/prime-data-center-network-manager-61/118414-technote-dcnm-00.html
  • Is the HDD full?  Log files can be deleted out of $INSTALLDIR/dcm/db/data/pg_log.  This can grow to several GB.  Postgres isn't good at cleaning up after itself, which is one reason why it is only recommended for small, lab environments.

-Eric

Eric thank you, I accessed the JBoss admin console and...well, I don't know really what I did, I'm pretty sure I just browsed through the web setup, and the web interface is now working again.

Really, I'm puzzled....I was stuck for about 3/4 hours before I decide to log into the console and try to see what was happening....

Thank you for the info anyway !

Ciao Andrea

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: