cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DCR and AAA - Duplicate devices?

davepeat2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,I have LMS3.0.1. On the System tab, DCR and AAA box, it shows I have 441 devices. When I look at them, it shows all devices by BOTH ip-address and Host Name. On my Data Collection, I only have 218. I am only licensed for 300 devices.

Question: Should this be cleaned up to only reflect one or the other? And how? I have already cleared out all of the Alias devices.

Question: Is this interfering with my licenses?

Question: How can I prevent this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, this should be cleaned up. Remove the devices that show up with the undesired name (e.g. those that show up by IP).

Yes, this is interfering with your license until you resolve the aliases in the various applications.

This is a bug (CSCsm66330). The fix is to upgrade to LMS 3.1. More on the bug below:

The Device Credential Repository contains duplicate devices are Common Services Discovery runs. A device may appear as both its hostname and one of its IP addresses in DCR.

Conditions:

This will occur if, for example, a device is manually added to DCR by an IP address, but CS Discovery determines that the device has a hostname which resolves to a different IP address. In that case, the previous DCR entry will remain, and a new one will be added for the new hostname and new IP address.

Workaround:

If devices are added to DCR using the same IP address and hostname that will be found when Discovery does its IP address to name resolution, then the duplication will not occur.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, this should be cleaned up. Remove the devices that show up with the undesired name (e.g. those that show up by IP).

Yes, this is interfering with your license until you resolve the aliases in the various applications.

This is a bug (CSCsm66330). The fix is to upgrade to LMS 3.1. More on the bug below:

The Device Credential Repository contains duplicate devices are Common Services Discovery runs. A device may appear as both its hostname and one of its IP addresses in DCR.

Conditions:

This will occur if, for example, a device is manually added to DCR by an IP address, but CS Discovery determines that the device has a hostname which resolves to a different IP address. In that case, the previous DCR entry will remain, and a new one will be added for the new hostname and new IP address.

Workaround:

If devices are added to DCR using the same IP address and hostname that will be found when Discovery does its IP address to name resolution, then the duplication will not occur.

I now have maintenance. How do I get LMS 3.1?

Go to http://www.cisco.com/upgrade/ put in your contract number of LMS, and request the upgrade DVD.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: