Views
Helpful
Replies

DCR server error in LMS 3.2

gautamzone
Level 1
Level 1

Dear friends,

I am getting the following error while opening Device Management under Common Services in LMS 3.2.

The error is "Error in communicating with DCR Server.
DCR Server may be down. Please start the DCR Server and then refresh the page"

The server has been running over a year but after a power outage and after the server rebooted, i was getting the error.

I tried checking the dcr log file but could not understand much from the exceptions. I am enclosing for your reference as well.

I am also enclosing the output of pdshow.

Can anyone help me understand what could be the issue here?

Thanks a lot

Gautam

11 Replies 11

Gaganjeet Chug
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Gautam,

Is it new installation. see lots of ciscoworks services are down in pdshow output.

Kindly try to run this command if its an upgrade and not new installation :-

CSCOpx\MDC\Apache\perl SSLUtil.pl

Select Option 1 > If the output shows that SSL certificate had been expired or shows Certificate had been expired, then kindly exit from this with option 8 and try to generate the certificate for the CiscoWorks server from command line as per below steps :-

a.Stop Daemons
c:\net stop crmdmgtd

b. Remove server.* under CSCOpx\MDC\Apache\conf\ssl   ( kindly take backup of these somewhere else before deleting from here)

c. Run the following commands:
CSCOpx\MDC\Apache\perl ConfigSSL.pl -disable
CSCOpxMDC\Apache\perl ConfigSSL.pl -enable (fill up  the certificate info)

If you are not using SSL connectivity to CiscoWorks
CSCOpx\MDC\Apache\perl ConfigSSL.pl -disable

d.Restart Daemons
c:\net start crmdmgtd

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this is new installation then try the following workaround only :-

Please remove ctmregistry and ctmregistry.backup from CSCOpx/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/lib, restart daemon manager with the following command :-

net stop crmdmgtd --> to stop daemon

net start crmdmgtd --> to start daemon

While applying this workaround make sure to stop "Windows Remote Management" service of CiscoWorks server. You can access this from Start > run > services.msc.

Thanks,

Gaganjeet

Dear Gaganjeet,

Thanks a lot for your response.

I ran the perl script that you suggested me to run and chose Option 1 and got to know that the certificate is valid.

Here's the output:

1. Display CiscoWorks Server Certificate Information
2. Display the input Certificate Information
3. Display Root CA Certificates trusted by CiscoWorks Server
4. Verify the input Certificate/ Certificate Chain
5. Upload Single Server Certificate to CiscoWorks Server
6. Upload a Certificate Chain to CiscoWorks Server
7. Modify Common Services Certificate
8. Quit

Enter your choice [1-8]:1

*** CiscoWorks Server Certificate Information ***

INFO: CiscoWorks Server Certificate date is valid on the server
[Tue Feb 15 16:03:53 GMT+03:00 2011]
Loading CiscoWorks KeyStore...

[Tue Feb 15 16:03:53 GMT+03:00 2011]*** Certificate Name ***

[Tue Feb 15 16:03:53 GMT+03:00 2011]EMAILADDRESS=yourusername@example.com, CN=17
2.16.0.203, OU=IT, O=xxxxx, L=xxxx, C=xx

Please press ENTER to return to Main Menu

Can you suggest of any other options that i could try?

Thanks a lot

Gautam

Hi Gautam,

If this is new installation then try the following workaround only :-

Please  remove ctmregistry and ctmregistry.backup from  CSCOpx/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/lib, restart daemon manager with  the following command :-

net stop crmdmgtd --> to stop daemon

net start crmdmgtd --> to start daemon

While  applying this workaround make sure to stop "Windows Remote Management"  service of CiscoWorks server. You can access this from Start > run  > services.msc.

Thanks,

Gaganjeet

beside what Gaganjeet suggested, to stop "Windows Remote Management" if it runs, also check if there is an antivirus software running on the server. If yes, stop it for a test then restart the LMS processes (on Windows: issue the following command in a DOS Box: "net stop crmdmgtd"
to start the services: "net start crmdmgtd" )

Dear Gaganjeet and Mermel,

Thanks a lot.

However, this is not a new installation. This is a 1 year old installation and there are atleast 35-40 devices integrated into LMS.

Do you still suggest that i go ahead and follow the instructions as given in the new installation?

Thanks a lot

Gautam

Your DCRServer is in a state of Never Started. The service can get impacted due to any valid 'n' reasons, like any property file being corrupt etc.

Beside what is already said to check, please post following files for more analysis :

>NMSROOT\MDC\tomcat\shared\lib\ctm_config.txt

> NMSROOT\lib\classpath\md.properties

>NMSROOT\MDC\etc\regdaemon.xml

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Hi Gautam,

Yes, we would suggest you to perform those steps and share the new pdshow output. Also, kindly let us know if you have made any changes on the server like hostname change or IP address etc.

Thanks,

Gaganjeet

Please find enclosed the outputs of the three files

Dear Gaganjeet,

I removed the ctmregistry and ctmregistry.backup files but the issue still remains.

I even restarted the Ciscoworks services but was still getting the same error.

Thanks a lot

Gautam

Hi Gautam,

Kindly share the lastest pdshow output along with dcr.log and DCRServer.log from location CSCOpx\log.Also kindly go to command prompt of the LMS server and run the command SET > C:\SET.txt and send me SET.txt file too.

Thanks,

Gaganjeet

Dear Gaganjeet,

Thanks a lot for your kind help.

Please find enclosed the required outputs.

Thanks a lot

Gautam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: