Views
Helpful
Replies

DCR Server may be down.

Aziz00000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm running lms 3.2 on W2008, i get this error "DCR Server may be down." when i connect to device management.

The process DCRServer is running normally, i've restarted it and i have the same result.

In the DCRServer.log no error message(DCR Server started successfully.), but in the dcr.log i've the following errors:

[ Thu Jul 01 14:54:30 CEST 2010 ] [CS_DCR:DCRCAMServlet-Thread-13] FATAL CTM.Registry - ERR_IN_REGISTRY,CTMRegistry::startRegistryServer() : Can't find/start registry server
[ Thu Jul 01 14:54:32 CEST 2010 ] [CS_CORE:LOADCLASSSERVLET-Thread-17] FATAL CTM.Registry - ERR_IN_REGISTRY,CTMRegistry::startRegistryServer() : Can't find/start registry server
[ Thu Jul 01 15:09:15 CEST 2010 ] [main] FATAL CTM.Registry - ERR_IN_REGISTRY,CTMRegistry::startRegistryServer() : Can't find/start registry server

Can someone help me?

In attach, the output of pdshow, dcr.log and DCRServer.log

Tx

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have seen this problem before if Daemon Manager (or rather Tomcat) is started too soon after it is stopped.  In that case, the TCP sockets responsible for internal communication have not be relinquished, and thus this error occurs.

However, in your case, DCRServer is up.  Therefore, I suspect you may be seeing CSCtd07131 which can affect multi-CPU Windows machines.  I recommend you open a service request with TAC to obtain the patch for this bug.

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for the info

I will try your recommandation

Regards,

Aziz

Hi guys,

I get the same issue, I'm using LMS 4.0.

Here is my log file

Anybody knows about it ?

Thanks,

Rp

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: