Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Delete device from Common Services

Hello,

I am running CiscoWorks LMS 2.6 on Windows2003 Server and I have just delete a device from Common Services. The device is no longer to be seen either in Common Services or in RME. I tried to re-add the device, but a message keeps popping up:

[IP Address] record for this device exists.

But I have deleted the device!!!!

Can anyone help and explain the meaning of the message and how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance,

Katerina

4 Replies 4

Nael Mohammad
Level 5
Level 5

Since you have deleted all the devices from all the applications, the quickest way to resolve this is as follows:

1. Stop the Ciscoworks Daemon Manager from the cli using "net stop crmdmgtd" if windows and "/etc/init.d/dmgtd stop" if Solaris.

2. Go to CSCOpx/bin directory.

3. perl dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=cmf dmprefix=Cmf or /opt/CSCOpx/bin/perl /opt/CSCOpx/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=cmf dmprefix=Cmf

4. Start Ciscoworks Daemon Manager using "net start crmdmgtd" if windows and "/etc/init.d/dmgtd start" if Solaris.

Hello Mohammad,

What does the command actually do? Is there any chance that it will mess up my databases?

Thnx

The previous recommendation will purge all of your devices completely and clean up the DB.  If that's not the intent, then don't run the command.

Is this integrated with ACS? If so the device most likely inventoried and you just need to ensure that ACS integration is done correctly.

Hello Mohammad

I really don't want to clean up my database. The weirdest thing happened. Today I tried to readd the device in common services, but not set a hostname. That actually worked! I had added the device yesterday, by using a WAN IP interface, today I used the loopback (without the hostname) and CW saw the two devices as alias of one another. So I chose the preffered IP (loopback) and now I am a happy camper.

I will use the commands you proposed if I ever need to clean up my database.

Thank you for your help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: