Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Delete job instances

Hello,

I am running LMS 2.6 and I don't know how I can delete job instances which are showing in the RME job browser, without deleting the original jobs. Is there a way to do it or do I have to reschedule the initial job?

Thank you in advance,

Katerina

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What specific job types are you trying to delete?  You should be able to delete most instances of completed jobs.

I am trying to delete instances related to archive management and archive purge. (I think there were other types too, but I have already deleted the initial job). Everytime I try to delete an instance (job_id.xxx) it says that by deleting the instance the original job will also be deleted. The RME Job Browser keeps filling up (it had jobs registering back to 2007) and I have to delete everything and reschedule the original tasks. I must be doing something wrong...

The jobs I am trying to delete are scheduled jobs (running periodically). I want to delete instances which have already been completed.

I can't reproduce.  I delete multiple instances of a scheduled Archive Poller job, and they all deleted. I did get a warning saying that if I deleted a scheduled instance I would have to reschedule, but that was not the case.  I did not delete the actual scheduled instance of the job.

If the original job is not deleted then is was my misunderstanding. Then it is my misunderstanding. I thought that the original job would in any case be deleted.

Thank you for your help!