Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Delete job instances

Hello,

I am running LMS 2.6 and I don't know how I can delete job instances which are showing in the RME job browser, without deleting the original jobs. Is there a way to do it or do I have to reschedule the initial job?

Thank you in advance,

Katerina

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What specific job types are you trying to delete?  You should be able to delete most instances of completed jobs.

I am trying to delete instances related to archive management and archive purge. (I think there were other types too, but I have already deleted the initial job). Everytime I try to delete an instance (job_id.xxx) it says that by deleting the instance the original job will also be deleted. The RME Job Browser keeps filling up (it had jobs registering back to 2007) and I have to delete everything and reschedule the original tasks. I must be doing something wrong...

The jobs I am trying to delete are scheduled jobs (running periodically). I want to delete instances which have already been completed.

I can't reproduce.  I delete multiple instances of a scheduled Archive Poller job, and they all deleted. I did get a warning saying that if I deleted a scheduled instance I would have to reschedule, but that was not the case.  I did not delete the actual scheduled instance of the job.

If the original job is not deleted then is was my misunderstanding. Then it is my misunderstanding. I thought that the original job would in any case be deleted.

Thank you for your help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: