cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Device credential verification job details report ssh failed to connect and enable by ssh did not try

Eric R. Jones
Level 4
Level 4

Hello, we have Cisco Prime LAN Management Solution Version 4.2.5 and CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution Version 4.0.

When attempting to run the credential verification we often get a failure that states SNMPV3 OK, SSH Failed to connect and Enable by SSH did not try.

I can SSH to the device via SSH Tectia and Reflections and run the CLI with no issues.

Both Cisco works devices can connect and recognize the devices and place them in their respective inventories.

We are using an ACS V1121 for AAA and there are no issues in the logs showing a failure to connect. I still suspect the ACS may have something to do with this but haven't been able to find any evidence.

The transport under Admin> Collection Settings> Config> Config Archive Settings

are set to SSH, SCP and TFTP in that order.

We don't have Telnet setup because we're not allowed to use it.

I find it strange that I can send templates jobs from NetConfig using the user defined templates and they actually apply the changes but when attempting to update an IOS or check credentials I get a failure.

Does anyone have a theory as to why the Cisco works box can't ssh to a device to push jobs?

ej

1 Reply 1

Eric R. Jones
Level 4
Level 4

The AHA moment!

The ip for one of the cisco works boxes was not in the access-list.

I know why the other isn't picking it up.

We only have an evaluation license for that and that only gives you 110 devices so it's in the unmanaged pool.

ej