Views
Helpful
Replies

Device Credentials error with LMS 4.0

mguzman4158
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm having some issues backing up configuration (startup and running) files for some managed devices with LMS 4.0.   

Under the collector status for one of the devices is shows:

Discovery Success, Data collection  Success, User Tracking   Success, Inventory  Success, Fault discovery Success, but Config Collection  Failure

Under Reachability Status I see all of the protocols Success except SNMPv1, SNMPv2 and HTTP have failed.  If I run a Device Credentials verification, I get the following: Read Community = OK, Read Write Community = No value to test, Telnet = Incorrect, Enable by Telnet = Did not Try, SSH = OK (Primary Successful) and Enable by SSH = Enable username credential missing.  However under the same device all of the credentials are in there, like the main username with the enable password, plus a secondary account as well and still nothing.  I tried to search for that error but I have not been able to figured out what steps to take to fix the issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciate it. 

Cheers!

9 Replies 9

Duong Nguyen
Level 1
Level 1

You have to update your SNMP Timeouts.

Admin > Collection Settings > Config> Edit the Inventory/Config Timeout and Retry Settings

retries: 3

Timeout interval 45

telnet timeout 1000

tftp 5

read delay 300

transport timeout 45000

login timeout 2000

tune sleep 50

delay after connect 300

Hi duong.nguyen7 it didn't work, I get the same error.  Plus, I was not able to find the second set of options under Inventory/Config Timeout and Retry Settings.  only the first one, which I changed and nothing.  any other ideas?  Thanks! 

Device Attributes

Field Name

Value

SNMP Retry(0-6 Count)*
SNMP Timeout(Min 0 Secs)*
Telnet Timeout(Min 0 Secs)*
NAT'ed IP Address
TFTP Timeout(Min 0 Secs) *
* - Required

Inventory > Job Browsers > Device Credentials Verification

Run a DCR report on a particular device that fails and post it

This is another node that's having issues, but if I fis this one, i got a feeling that it will fix the rest as well.  thanks for your help. 

Can you post the logs of the config backup/archive that fails?  I remember fixing this problem a while back...just trying to remember what exactly I did.

Perform another backup and send me the job folder so I can look at the logs.

try to open HTTPS service and check

aman hussain, does HTTPS needs to be enable? I just noticed the node am troubleshooting with doesn't have it enable. 

mguzman4158
Level 1
Level 1

I found the problem, all I had to do is edit the TacacsPrompts.ini file and boom, issue fixed.  Thanks guys for taking the time to reply...

Cheers!!!