Helpful
Replies

Device gets discovered with the wrong IP address

aslyuch
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am using LMS 3.2 and I ran into the following problem:

We have several 7609-S routers, and all of them are discovered with the wrong  management  (Loopback) address:

Example:

interface loopback0 / 192.168.147.136  is used for management

interface loopback1002 / 192.168.150.1  is used only as a router-id  in a VRF

The discovery process always wants to use the address 192.168.150.1  instead  of  192.168.147.136 and beacuse from the CW host only loopback 0 is accessible, the  integration fails.  If i add the routers manually in the DCR with the correct data they will be replaced with the wrong addresses as soon as the discovery runs again.

Is there any way to force the discovery process to use the correct address ?

Thanks ,

Akos

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS 3.2 has code to prevent unreachable addresses from being used as management addresses.  Can you confirm that the 192.168.150.1 is not SNMP-reachable from LMS?  If it is, then you will need to switch your discovery algorithm from loopback to another method to prevent loopback1002 from being picked up.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS 3.2 has code to prevent unreachable addresses from being used as management addresses.  Can you confirm that the 192.168.150.1 is not SNMP-reachable from LMS?  If it is, then you will need to switch your discovery algorithm from loopback to another method to prevent loopback1002 from being picked up.

Actually 192.168.150.1 was responding to SNMP and it caused all the trouble. I configured 'snmp-server drop vrf-traffic' and restarted the  discovery process and all devices were successfully integrated into Ciscoworks.

Thanks for your help, Joseph!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: